Those who have 6-12 month of experience in working in an application development environment and are eager to become software or application developer of any of the IBM products can easily take IBM Certified Application Developer examination.
Advantages of the IBM Certified Application Developer Certification
IBM certified professionals are the best ones in providing fast and effective solutions for every technological issue that arises. IBM certificate will be a perfect addition to the resume and no doubt will increase a developer’s chances at job interviews. An IBM certificate significantly decreases the learning process for professional and they begin to contribute without much training.
IBM Certified Associate Developer certification is issued by IBM after passing anyone of the exams under the category listed below. Certified Associate Developer is conducted in two technologies:
- Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software
- Lotus Notes and Domino.
A candidate can choose one of these two technologies to take up an exam. The IBM Associate Developer Certification tests the knowledge and competence of the candidate to work with IBM software products, solutions and related technologies. This entry level certification is a base for future upgrade into advanced certifications. A certified professional can start working as an application developer, software engineer, web developer, etc.
Altogether, there are about 8 certification examinations. A candidate is to pass at least one exam to get a certification. Here is a list of these examinations:
- 000-255 IBM Developing with IBM Rational Application Developer for WebSphere Software V6.0 Exam
- 000-267 IBM AS/400 RPG IV Developer Exam
- 000-285 IBM Developing with IBM WebSphere Studio, V5.0 Exam
- 000-287 IBM Enterprise Application Development with IBM WebSphere Studio, V5.0 Exam
- 000-302 IBM DB2 9 Database and Application Fundamentals – Academic Initiative Exam
- 000-819 IBM Rational Application Developer V8 Associate Exam
- IBMSPSSMBPDA IBM SPSS Modeler – Business Partner Data Analyst Associate Exam
- SPS-201 IBM IBMSPSSMBPDA: IBM SPSS Modeler Business Partner Data Analyst Associate Exam
How to prepare for IBM Certified Application Developer Certification
To take this exam it is important to be well prepared. One should do much reading, referencing to get information to study for exam. However, you can join training centers and use their materials for preparation. A training center provides tutorials, practice tests, articles and notes for better understanding of the main concepts. The practice tests are based on question patterns of the real IBM Certified Application Developer examination. At the end of practice tests a special tool for your mistakes’ analysis is provided.